|First Appearance||Backyard Baseball (1997)|
|Last Appearance||Backyard Sports Rookie Rush|
|Voice Actor(s)||Dolores Rogers (1997-2002)|
Lani Minella (2002-2003)
Dmitri is the nerd of the Backyard Kids.
Dmitri is overweight, has red hair, glasses and keeps pens in his breast pocket.
He is a smart and technical nerd. He likes to comment about sports in a nerdy and smart-technological way. He is a vegan.
Dimitri is a solid player who doesn't make many mistakes. He has the best baseball card collection in town. And he brought his slide rule.
Dimitri, the undisputed brain of the game, knows every aspect of baseball. Missed 13 games one season after a painful slide rule accident. Don't expect a lot of innings out of this kid... to much exercise wears the poor guy out.
Dimitri hopes to become a rocket scientist one day. Meanwhile, he'll use his rocket leg to terrorize goalies. Nice pocket protector, too.
- His last name is a play on "petri dish"
- In Sandlot Sluggers and Rookie Rush, he is the captain of the team called "Bunsen Burners" and plays his home games at "Quantum Field".
- His father was a Soviet Rocket Scientist before defecting to the U.S.
- He is a part of many clubs, and president of some also. His favorite club is the Rocket Club.
- Annie Frazier from Backyard Hockey sounds like him.
- In Backyard Football, Dimitri reveals that he got his nickname "Paste" because he is a paste eater.