|Backyard Baseball 2005|
|Platform(s)||Windows, GameCube, PlayStation 2|
|Input Device(s)||Keyboard and Gamepad|
- Nomar Garciaparra
- Pedro Martinez
- Alex Rodriguez
- Derek Jeter
- Carlos Delgado
- Alfonso Soriano
- Ichiro Suzuki
- Mike Piazza
- Jim Thome
- Dontrelle Willis
- Sammy Sosa
- Greg Maddux
- Albert Pujols
- Randy Johnson
- Shawn Green
- Eric Gagne
- Barry Bonds (GameCube only)
The intro video features several backyard kids playing a baseball game. Angela Delvecchio accidentally throws a wild pitch, which is hit by Pete Wheeler while he was in the On-Deck circle. Several accidents by the opposing team lead to Pete scoring an in-the-park home run. Pete ran so fast however, he ran through the fence.
- Except for Pablo Sanchez, all the MLB pros and Backyard Kids have new theme songs.
- The themes in the gamecube version were the old themes, as of that moment, the only kid who changed her voice was Annie.
- The Quantum Field space theme was remade in Backyard Baseball 2007 as Area 51.
- Once again, Mr. Clanky appears as an unlockable player. However in this game he can be drafted in a season and he has his own music.
- Barry Bonds only appeared in the GameCube version of the game.
- Alex Rodriguez appears on the cover, however he wears his Rangers uniform in the GameCube version, and his Yankees uniform in the PC version.
- Mike Piazza wears his hat frontwards in this game, when he wore it backwards in the 2D games.
- This game does not show a nickname for the players, but the nickname revelance was continued in Backyard Baseball 2007.
- The players' descriptions were taken from Backyard Baseball 2001 & 2003.
- Both Mike Piazza and Randy Johnson state they have been allowed to be the drummer in the Khan brothers' band.
- Maria Luna's new theme is similar to "Smooth" by Santana.
- Greg Maddux's theme is similar to "Another Brick In the Wall (Part 2)" by Pink Floyd. It is also somewhat similar to "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen.
- Randy Johnson mentions the true fact that he is a big fan of the prog rock band Rush.
- Achmed Khan says his signature pitch is the 'Zig-Zag', however that specific pitch is not featured in the game.
- Nomar Garciaparra mentions the true fact that his name is Nomar, and his name is his father's name, Ramon, backwards.
- Greg Maddux mentions the true fact that he was born in Texas.
- Sammy Sosa mentions the true fact that his favorite player is Roberto Clemente.
- Jim Thome mentions the true fact that his middle name is Howard.
- The music themes from Baseball 2005 were continued to be used in the following Backyard Sports games.
- The art style of Baseball 2005 was also used in Backyard Hockey and Backyard Football 2006.
- Annie Frazier in the GameCube version of this game sounds like Mr. Friend from Rugrats.
- Alfonso Soriano doesn't appear in the GameCube version of the game.